- Broad experience leading technical design and implementation efforts
- Expertise with modern web development technologies and paradigms
- Expertise designing systems with scalability and performance in mind
- Expertise with object-oriented development and design patterns
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture
- Deep experience working with relational and structured data
- Thorough understanding of social media
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven track record of technical innovation
- Expertise with one or more serverside languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of other languages (PHP, Lua, Scala, Ruby, etc)
- Expert SQL
- Experience with NoSQL DBs (CouchDB, MongoDB)
- Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Experience with high-profile media websites
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms
Interpersonal/Team Skills: Technical leadership. Excellent communication skills. Work closely with both small and large cross-disciplinary teams.
Experience: 10+ years
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or technology/engineering. Prefer: Masters Degree in Computer Science or technology/engineering.
Duties: Highly experienced software systems/application architect able to lead a team in a deadline intensive environment to design and implement web services, dynamic applications, and publishing tools for CNN.com. Applications and services must be flexible, extensible, robust, and highly scalable. Applicant should have a deep understanding of modern web application architecture, web serving architecture, and both relational and non-relational databases. Applicant should have a strong understanding of object-oriented design and full lifecycle software development processes including requirements analysis, technical design, scoping, and estimating. Strong overall communication and documentation skills are required. Applicant should be able to lead and participate in both technical and non-technical discussions. Applicant should be highly motivated, able to self-manage, and able to work well in a team environment.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Turner Broadcasting - 2 years ago
Turner Broadcasting creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television...