Jacobs Technology will provide overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Duties include safeguarding, patrolling, and monitoring premises for any threats of theft or violence.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting. Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment. Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing. Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures. Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex. Position requires daily individual to travel to different areas on site. Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility. Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary. All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines:
Personal computer (75%), scanner (5%), copy machine (5%), telephone (5%), laser printer (5%), fax machine (2%), and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday(excluding Saturday & Sunday). Position may require occasional weekend work depending on task
Other Essential Functions:
1) Needs to have clear, concise, and accurate communication skills.
2) Must have ability to work well with office staff and customer representatives.
3) Government security clearance may be required in the future.
4) Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
5) Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
6) Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
These essential functions may be amended prior to an offer of employment.
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...