Situated Research is looking for like-minded individuals to assist us with our cutting edge user-experience (UX) research within software and video games. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of both design and software development, to offer mission-critical solutions that balance aesthetics with functionality.
As a User-Experience Researcher, you will apply your background in user-experience design and usability to improve user experiences for our wide domain of clients . Ideally, you should have a solid understanding design and information architecture (IA) as well, for occasional projects where a wireframe and/or low-fidelity prototype is needed. An understanding of qualitative and quantitative research would be useful for understanding and improving our user experience research process.
This position is offered as contract to full-time hire so we can see you in action. Competitive pay is based on experience. You will have the opportunity to work in an environment that is fun, professional, and challenging, where you can get your hands dirty working with a diverse set of high-tech software and gaming companies. Local candidates preferred (Naperville is an easy reverse-commute from Chicago).
- Five years or more experience in human factors, user experience and usability
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in psychology, HCI or related field
- A passion for planning, creating, evaluating, and refining world-class software user experiences
- Ability to learn / work with new research software
- Can type 50+ WPM (might be needed during testing)
- Proven ability to provide clients with top-notch deliverables
- Familiarity with video games, social media, IA
- Ability to generate low-fidelity prototypes / wireframes / mockups (in your favorite tool such as Visio or Photoshop)
- A strong sense of design, yet open to new ideas
- Some consulting or project management experience would be preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
View Larger Map
Contact / Apply
We would like to see your portfolio and specific examples of your creative solutions for previous clients, along with a resume. Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Situated Research, LLC - 20 months ago
Co-founded by Dr. and Mrs. Matthew Sharritt, Situated Research is dedicated to exploring how technology can become more accessible, and aims...