Electrical Design Staff Engineer-1201835
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lead electrical design effort to support the development of basic and detailed design of new plants and their infrastructure as well as additions or modifications to existing facilities, in coordination with Project Managers and other Design Disciplines. This includes but is not limited to:
Coordination of in-house Electrical Design Drafting activities, including but not limited to:
- Developing Electrical Distribution Systems, Single Line Diagrams and Protection Schemes.
- Performing Electrical Short Circuit and Load Flow studies.
- Performing Electrical Protective Device Coordination Studies.
- Performing Electrical Arc Flash Analysis
- Performing Hazardous Area Classification Studies.
- Developing Substation Arrangements.
- Preparing specifications and performing bid evaluations for:
- Electrical equipment
- Electrical Heat Tracing Systems
- Fire Detection and Protection System
- Reviewing Vendor drawings for specification compliance.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- - Power Distribution Systems, underground and overhead
- Electrical Heat Tracing
- Monitoring the type of work described above when performed by outside contractor engineers and designers, to ensure quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Interpretation and adherence to BASF Technical Standards, industry standards and regulatory codes
- Providing support to the installation of electrical equipment and systems.
- Performing shop and field inspection of electrical equipment and systems.
- Participate in plant start-up and troubleshooting.
- Review, validate/challenge, and provide constructive feedback on new and revised BASF Technical Standards and Site Practices relating to Electrical engineering.
- Review BASF EHS Standards and governmental codes and regulations for changes affecting BASF Technical standards and design practices.
B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years experience to provide intimate knowledge of the theory and practice of Electrical Engineering as used in a chemical plant and/or industrial operation.
10+ years in Electrical design engineering and related fields with at least 5 years in the Petrochemical or related industry.
Knowledgeable in NFPA-70 (NEC) as it applies to the chemical plant environment.
Strong computer skills.
Knowledge of the following CAE tools:
SKM Power tools
Experience in Microstation design drafting software application.
Knowledge of NFPA-70E electrical workplace safety standards.
Knowledge of electrical maintenance / reliability best practices and Root Cause Failure Analysis methods of fault analysis/resolution.
SAP Knowledge highly desireable.
This position requires the incumbent to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
BASF - 9 months ago
BASF SE, formerly BASF AG, is a Germany-based chemical company. The Company has six business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Performance Prod...