Programmer Analyst is responsible for designing, coding, testing, debugging, evaluating, and documenting of complex business systems. This position reports to Application Development Manager or Sr. Application Development Manager. Candidates lead members of application development team for any internal or external application development projects.
- Understand business partner’s requirements and translate them into a system design.
- Act as primary point of contact to internal business partners to help manage internal and external customer expectations. -Be responsible for coordinating other IT team and internal customers to clearly define project scope, deliverables, and timelines.
- Developer to design, build, and implement complex business systems applications. Provide technical oversight through design reviews. Provide operational and production support for applications. Evaluate and recommend technology solutions.
- Actively participate in setting and implementing application development methodology. Conduct peer reviews and code reviews for quality assurance.
- Actively implement software configuration management policy. Keep the technical document up-to-date.
- Coordinate and conduct system demos with users or internal clients. Whenever applicable, work with assigned project manager to assist on project planning and status reporting. Identify and communicate any project risks through appropriate channels. Lead the project estimation process.
- Manage development within the provided scope of assignment. Provide leadership to development teams through strong communication, conflict resolution, and technical expertise.
- Perform these duties with highest ethical and professional standards. Track time on projects accurately and promptly. Report weekly status to next level supervisor. Demonstrate flexibility for overtime to meet important customer deliverables.
- 5 yrs experience in object-oriented programming using current Java version (1.4 and above).
- 5 yrs experience in J2EE development environment.
- Strong development experience with latest BEA WebLogic platform
- Strong experience using Eclipse IDE.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented concepts, SOA Design Patterns
- Strong understanding of UML diagrams artifacts.
- Excellent understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Must be a detail oriented, analytical and an independent thinker.
- Exercise excellent judgment within defined standards and guidelines in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and multi-task to meet critical deliverable dates.
- Strong ability to lead medium to large teams with conflicting priorities.
- Must strive for results.
- Experience with Oracle 9i database a plus.
- Advanced Degree: Masters or foreign equivalent in Computer science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of PPG PRM business Operations or Healthcare background.
- Familiarity with PRO*C, C++, Java, HTML programming languages.
- Familiarity with Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).