Liquidity Services Inc. provides business and government clients and buying customers the world’s most transparent, innovative and effective online marketplaces and integrated services for surplus assets. Liquidity Services achieves maximum recovery for our clients’ customer returns, overstock, used and salvage assets by employing a multi-channel strategy that leverages our industry-leading online marketplaces, as well as direct sales and consumer marketplace channels. On behalf of its clients, Liquidity Services has completed the sale of over $2.4 billion of surplus assets in over 500 product categories including consumer goods, capital assets and industrial equipment. In 2012 Forbes Magazine listed Liquidity Services as one of the Best Small Cap Companies in America for the fifth straight year.
The Compensation Manager will lead the building of a global compensation structure. He or she will provide comprehensive analytical support and project leadership in the design and administration of compensation programs, the development and implementation of tools and materials, and ensure our programs are aligned with the organization’s pay philosophy. Responsible for the analysis, administration and implementation of all annual programs to include the annual merit process, bonus and commission plans.
- Serves as subject matter expert on matters related to job classifications, pay ranges, current compensation policies and procedures. Responsibilities are global.
- Assists in the design, implementation and administration of annual salary review, short term incentive plans, promotions and recognition.
- Performs quarterly analysis on existing programs and recommends corrective action where necessary
- Migrates all employees into new salary and bonus programs and documents policies
- Performs market pricing of benchmark jobs, contributes to Radford compensation surveys and adjusts Radford leveling across all divisions
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision, as well as new plans that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and institutional objectives.
- Evaluates and grades jobs arising out of reorganizations and acquisitions
- Manages our HRIS and 401(k) vendor
- Creates and maintains a job library with a catalogue of descriptions and pay data
- Conducts FLSA compliance review of new positions and/or those requiring review.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- CCP certification desirable.
- 7-10 years solid compensation experience
- Proven experience in the design, implementation and use of compensation tools and technology
- Must have expert Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to interact at all levels within the organization
- Strong knowledge of compensation practices
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Leadership, influencing and strong communication skills
- Self-driven and strategic in thought processes to draft recommendations and conclusions after analyzing data
- Excellent skills in data entry and report generation in HRIS
- Must have the ability to understand interdependencies of compensation and reward programs
- Working knowledge of HR principles and best practices
- Advance knowledge of compensation terminology and practices
- Solid knowledge of job evaluation procedures and FLSA
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic, frequently changing and fast paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Technology proficient to support implementation and ongoing involvement in new platforms
Liquidity Services, Inc. - 22 months ago
Liquidity Services, Inc.’s mission is to provide business and government clients and buying customers with the world’s most...