Program Manager II 322395 (NCI) (Job Number: 322395)
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT ON FUNDING APPROVAL.
The Clinical Monitoring Research Program (CMRP) is responsible for providing program management support to the National Cancer Institute (NCI), Center for Global Health (CGH).
The Program Manager (PM) II will be responsible for managing high-level international and domestic meetings and conferences including: investigator and protocol meetings; training sessions; and workshops. In collaboration with the CGH, the PM II develops and monitors team meeting agendas and timelines. Interfaces with scientific and administrative government staff. Provides comprehensive planning and coordination of complex meetings and conferences including: event arrangements; venue planning/contracting; agendas; travel; audio-visual; material preparation and distribution; meeting notes; and summaries and/or summary reports. Assists in the completion and tracking of required approvals. Provides on-site management and logistical support of events, as needed. Creates and maintains budgets and reports for planned activities, including concurrent meeting cost estimates/actual meeting cost reporting. Establishes, implements and maintains standardized processes. The PM II provides supervision to administrative or secretarial personnel. Prepares SAIC-Frederick, Inc. reports to include the writing of semi-annual and annual reports, self-evaluations and quarterly reports. Performs other related duties as assigned by a responsible authority. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland and includes 15% international, domestic and/or local travel.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in science from an accredited college or university or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of eight (8) or more years of progressively responsible management experience including four (4) years of technical and/or administrative experience related to biomedical research.
- Extensive meeting and/or conference planning experience.
- Demonstrated competencies in multi-tasking, prioritizing, critical thinking and coordinating multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Possesses excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong team-building experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook).
- This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Lead manager experience for meeting and conference planning.
- Knowledge of appropriate federal regulations including the Federal Travel Regulations (FTRs).
- Knowledge of 508 compliant.
For more information about the Clinical Monitoring Research Program please visit http://cmrp.ncifcrf.gov/CMRP/Default.aspx
SAIC-Frederick Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC, is accelerating the development of new technologies and treatments for patients with cancer and AIDS. SAIC-Frederick is the operations and technical support contractor for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, a federal national laboratory.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2013, 7:48:07 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FREDERICK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 22 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...