The Structural Engineering Manager shall develop and manage the Structural Engineering Team and be assigned specific projects by the Director of Engineering (DOE). It is the responsibility of the Structural Engineering Manager to manage and train an engineering team and coordinate the activities of the engineering department to design, process, project, and develop, produce, improve, and test components, products, systems, and services. The Structural Engineering Manager further provides planning, direction, and coordination for all technical activities while achieving optimum use of all team members, equipment, materials, and facilities. A Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Structural or Civil Engineering or equivalent engineering field is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Structural or Civil Engineering or equivalent engineering field is required.
- Ten (10) or more years of overall experience with six (6) or more years managing a group of engineering professionals.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the design and development of mass engineering systems.
- Successful completion of the Professional Engineering examination preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work will in a team.
POET - 7 months ago