This key position is responsible for new business generation for U.S. Bank Institutional Trust & Custody. The Business Development Officer sells trust, custody and investment management services to institutional clients holding up to $2 billion in investable assets. This role covers the Northwest region including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska and works closely with the Relationship Manager and Client Service team to expand the market presence of Institutional Trust & Custody.
- Actively identify new prospects from internal banking partners and external centers of influence, including consultants, attorneys, and advisors through direct calling and referral cultivation efforts.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with numerous internal and external sources of new business.
- Meet with prospective clients to explain the company's trust and custody services and assists clients in evaluating their needs.
- Develop and deliver customized client proposals and presentations.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet the annual territory new business goal.
- Establish and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry and community.
- Actively ensure compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures. Actively participate in any required corporate and business line training in these areas.
- Follow account opening procedures and comply with internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position.
- Consult with clients to understand their normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum 7 years experience in sales, marketing, or relationship management role in a business to business environment.
- Prior experience within the Institutional space and a strong familiarity with securities, trusts, and custodial arrangements.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation to work independently and prioritize own schedule.
- Strong follow-up and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen and professionalism.
- Ability to travel domestically 35% of the time
U.S. Bank - 2 years ago
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth largest...