- Defines, designs and implements storage systems and solution improvements using UNIX and WINDOWS platforms.
- Install, maintains and enhances system configurations and solutions.
- Monitors and audits system utilization, performance and problems.
- Works on enhancing performance and reliability of enterprise storage systems/data protection/backup and compute farm infrastructure.
- Participates in the support process for Enterprise Storage/Data Protection/Backup related problems.
- Documents general procedures and practices, performs hardware evaluations, coordinate and track system orders, installations and deployment.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Makes presentations to an internal audience, and interacts positively with upper management.
- BS in Computer Science with 5+ years of relevant experience, MS with 2+ years of relevant experience or related Ph.D. with 0 - 1 years of experience.
- Experience with file systems ZFS, XFS, NTFS along with the Enterprise Storage (NAS/SAN)/Data Protection/Backup Technologies highly desired (i.e. NetApp, EMC, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FCP, snapvault/snapmirror/SRDF/Recoverpoint, , Veritas/Symantec Netbackup).
- Experience in scripting / programming in some administrative language (Perl, Shell). Proficiency with all aspects of linux and windows system administration along with storage operations is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with distributed file systems, virtualization( vmware, Xen, HyperV) and cloud technologies would be a plus.
- Possesses a solid understanding of specialization area plus working knowledge of one other related area.
- Works on team-driven or task-oriented projects.
- May guide more junior peers with aspects of their job.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Requires strong inter-personal and communication skills along with the ability to multi-task and solve problems.
- Able to schedule, prioritize, accomplish R&D-related activities and communicate actions and results as needed.
- Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, systems administration or another related area is required.
NVIDIA - 13 months ago
NVIDIA awakened the world to computer graphics when it invented the GPU in 1999. From its roots in visual computing, NVIDIA expanded into...