This position requires working weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed at the Explore Biltmore Estate Outdoor Center. The Outdoor Center Guide will provide support and leadership in outdoor recreational programming for guests visiting the estate. Responsibilities may include leading and or facilitating Guided Raft Trips, Self-Guided Kayak Rentals, Guided Segway Tours, Bike Rentals, Guided Bike Rides, and Guided Garden Tours. Guides will also assist with special programming for groups. ($10.00)
- High school diploma (or GED) required. College degree in outdoor related field preferred.
- At least six months of previous experience leading outdoor activities (e.g. hiking, rafting, kayaking, Segway tours, and/or biking tours) required.
- Excellent guest service, communication skills, and ability to work well with co-workers.
- Should be comfortable with and able to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences and adjust style/tone accordingly.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative where appropriate.
- Ability to exercise good judgment is a must.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of estate history, products, and services, and should be knowledgeable about Asheville and Western North Carolina.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR, or ability to obtain within one month of hire.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 19 years of age.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.
- Must be in good physical condition for outdoor activities.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds frequently. Should be able to kneel, bend, reach overhead, and stoop as needed.
- Must be able to swim.
- Ability to operate company commercial vehicles (i.e. van, etc.).
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest privately...