Maintains finished-goods shipping schedule and processes by scheduling appointments; inputting shipping information into database.
A warehouse traffic coordinator ensures the efficient delivery of shipments. Traffic coordinators often work with many different internal departments, as well as shipping lines and truck drivers to get shipments delivered accurately and on time. It is a detail-oriented, deadline-driven position requiring organization, diplomacy and great people skills.
- Maintains shipping schedule by coordinating loading of trucks; scheduling load times; balancing type of loads; making appointments; controlling flow of schedule.
- Documents items shipped and ships items by entering shipping data on terminal; recording and identifying item and transport information.
- Confirms shipping information by answering and relaying telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries.
- Resolves shipping problems by researching product history on database.
- Where applicable, determines method of shipment by examining items to be shipped and time of shipment.
- Coordinates shipments with Sales to ensure timely delivery.
- Creates necessary Bills of Lading in our ERP system. The candidate will work with shipping receiving clerks to ensure that: proper documentation is created, counts are accurate, pallets are loaded correctly.
- Maintains pallet account records by documenting incoming and outgoing pallets.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Organization, Deadline-Oriented, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Reporting Skills, Scheduling, UPS
The candidate must have knowledge of international shipping requirements.
Monster - 14 months ago