WHAT ENTRANCE DOES |
Entrance software consultants solve real-world challenges for clients in energy and industry. We are not your software-out-of-the-box developers: in fact, our passion is thinking OUTSIDE the BOX. Our team takes the industry standard and finds new ways to make software faster, more efficient, and more elegant. Our engineers address changing industry needs as they occur, often in close collaboration with our clients. Meeting face to face with end-users, we can respond to needs much faster than off-the-shelf product teams. Accelerated teamwork and open communication is a huge part of our culture. Our experienced managers and team members practice dynamic agile delivery to create unique solutions for our clients.
As a SharePoint Consultant you will create solutions for clients by developing, implementing, and maintaining SharePoint applications.
- Analyze, design and develop SharePoint deployment, configuration and customization projects.
- Develop and implement web parts and customization of SharePoint sites using Visual Studio and .NET technologies to supplement out-of-the-box functionality.
- Develop applications using Visual Studio .NET and SharePoint Designer, including the design and implementation of custom web parts and other programs utilizing the SharePoint object model.
- Design and implement custom workflows and reports in the SharePoint environment.
- Work with Senior Software Consultants and Project Leads to define application objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout development life cycle.
- Design and conduct testing of the developed functionality.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; study and establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contribute to team meetings; troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Update job knowledge by researching new Internet/intranet technologies and software products, participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks and participate in professional organizations.
We are looking for people with development or consulting backgrounds, preferably in multiple disciplines, but with at least 2-3 years of SharePoint experience implementing and customizing MOSS 2007 and/or 2010.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Bachelor°s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- Microsoft Office SharePoint solution design and configuration experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to clients.
- Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.).
- Technical Skills:
- MOSS 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010
- SharePoint Designer 2007/2010
- FAST Search
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0/7.0
- Active Directory
- C# 4.0+
- .NET Framework 3.0/4.0
- ASP.NET 4.0+
- Web user interface design
- HTTP and HTML
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008/2010
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Web Services and SOA
Open positions are full-time and direct hire roles. We are unable to offer H1 Visa sponsorship. Local candidates preferred as we are unable to offer relocation at this time. No third parties please.
- Generous benefits plan includes medical/dental/vision, short-term and long-term disability, critical illness plan, and life insurance through United Health Care and Guardian insurance provider. Entrance contributes up to $6,000 per year to offset employee premiums.
- Contribution above covers 100% of single employee insurance premium
- For employees with families, Entrance offers a cafeteria-style plan that includes both low and high deductible insurance options
- 3 weeks paid time off per year in addition to 8 company holidays per year.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Company-paid training towards certification and professional development.
- Great office location in the Heights area in Houston, TX.
- Little to no travel.
- Business casual plus jeans work environment.
- Stocked kitchen (gourmet coffee, smoothie station, drinks, snacks and candy), catered breakfasts and lots of fun company events!