Competitive Insights Manager, Market Intelligence-120323
The Competitive Insights Manager is responsible for providing ongoing competitive and market intelligence relative to the automotive and advertising industries to assess potential risks and opportunities for AutoTrader.com, a $1 Billion, 2,000+ person organization. This challenging position will play a key role in developing high-quality and decision-relevant strategic insight to the organization to support longer term business planning efforts, shorter term sales efforts, market development planning and competitive response strategies. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience monitoring competitor and competitive activities, preparing analysis, insights and strategic recommendations for management. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience persuasively presenting complex facts and perspectives in written and verbal form to various audiences including Sales, Product, Marketing and Executive Leadership. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Market Intelligence
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes best-in-class competitive and market monitoring and evaluation strategies to develop competitive profiles and track the competitions strategic direction, products, pricing, services and core competencies.
- Produce ongoing competitive reports and deliverables, including insights and implications, covering competitive strategies, key financials, organizational structures, approaches to doing business, geographic/line of business/ segment mix and trends, SWOT and other key dimensions.
- Collaborate with Business Partners Managers to alert senior management of relevant competitive market activities via actionable, condensed and timely intelligence updates.
- Collaborate and work as a committed business partner with Research, Enterprise Analytics, and other subject matter experts within the organization to gather and formulate structured, fact-based, holistic insights to the Company that include succinct conclusions and actionable recommendations.
- Develop, maintain and grow internal and external relationships / partnerships with entities such as agencies, research companies, and industry analysts, industry thought leaders, and field sales contacts to build a competitive intelligence resource network for the company.
- 7+ years of increasing responsibility in the field of competitive intelligence preferred. (Minimum experience required: 7+ years marketing or broad-based research experience with an emphasis on measuring and monitoring the competition).
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA strongly preferred.
- Marketing, automotive industry and digital media industry experience highly desired.
- Direct experience participating in / or leading the ongoing project management of multiple complex projects, with cross-departmental contributors.
- Highly motivated self-starter that possesses critical thinking capability, intellectual curiosity, creative problem solving capabilities and a collaborative approach.
- Results oriented with the ability to learn quickly and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Proven team player and relationship builder.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2012, 4:04:00 PM
- 3 years ago - save job
Our mission at AutoTrader.com is to be your ultimate online solution for buying and selling new, certified and used cars. Our site is...