Department Only Posting
Perform a variety of venipuncture techniques and collects blood specimens from patients in support of laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED. Documentation of training from a recognized Phlebotomy school or program. OR At least 1 year of recent, phlebotomy or related medical training and experience in a clinical, hospital, or laboratory setting. BLS Required for Lab Assistant I & II. Current AHA Healthcare provider, American Red Cross, AHA Health Saver or KMC BLS within 60 days of hire. Preference for candidates with Phlebotomy Certification, (NCA or ASCP or other recognized agency)
- On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
- Moderate physical activity. May require physical effort including lifting up to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing or walking.
- Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
- KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is performed in an interior medical/clinical environment.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens.
Kootenai Health - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard