Support, monitor and administer the operation of the networks and systems throughout PSEG Nuclear including hardware and software (e.g., Ethernet switches, routers, hubs, bridges, network management system, operating system, client server operations, middleware and network management applications). Monitor the operation of the network to ensure proper functioning of circuits, hardware and software. Identify and resolve complex network problems utilizing structured troubleshooting methods, techniques and tools. Participate with vendors and common carriers during problem analysis/resolution as required. Monitor and tune networks and system performance. Prepare and maintain standard operating procedures for the network, technical specifications and documents, drawings and system documentation, and operating manuals. Participate in the evaluation of vendor proposals and the benefits of changes in hardware, communications protocols, switching methods, access methods and tariffs, and in the procurement of software and equipment. Recommend equipment purchase or lease. Establish capacity performance monitoring. Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic Required Qualifications:
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline and at least four, typically six or more years’ experience telecommunications network design, installation or maintenance in voice and/or data telecommunication network technology; or without a Bachelor’s degree, at least six, typically eight or more years work experience in design, installation or maintenance of voice and/or data telecommunications network or computer related technologies.
Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
- Excellent knowledge of network hardware and software; switching and routing configuration and troubleshooting; firewall configuration and protocols; infrastructure and design, topologies and protocols.
- Experience troubleshooting network communications including, T1's, Frame Relay, and VPN.
- Good analytical skills
- Sound judgment
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors
- Good problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
o Certified Network and/or Security Technician.
- Advanced professional training and certifications such as:
o Cisco certifications – e.g. Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), etc.
o Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
o NEI 08-09 cyber security control networking requirements
- Experience with and general understanding of some or all of the following:
o Network configurations e.g. LAN/VLAN/WAN/MAN/WiFi/ IPsec VPN tunnels/ WINS/DNS/DHCP/VIPs/QoS/MPLS/RIP/EIGRP/OSPF/BGP/HSRP/GLBP.
o Cisco technologies and products.
o Desktop hardware and software technologies.
o Remote access and wireless communications and technologies.
o Project management and architectural skills such as creating software lifecycle development plans.
o Identifying technology directions / trends and strategic business impacts
Additional Critical Information:
o Be available for call-out support and to perform system maintenance when needed after normal business hours.
- High Level Access background check required
- Candidate must:
o Fulfill and maintain PSEG Nuclear requirements for holding a badge for unescorted access by successfully completing fitness-for-duty, OSHA, general employee, Rad Worker and other required training.
o Be willing to support PSEG Nuclear Emergency Preparedness program drills and events..
PSEG - 14 months ago
Power player PSEG Power does not play with power, it markets it for profit. The company is the independent power production and energy...