Carestream Health is searching for a talented Inbound Supply Manager for X-Ray Solutions (part of the Digital Medical Solutions Division).
• Manage Purchasing staff in support of the day-to-day tactical buying of components and sub-assemblies for high tech, low volume equipment manufacturing with 190 suppliers, 5000 active parts, and $100M+ spend.
• Drive process improvement in a lean environment to maintain continuity of supply while driving inventory down.
• Root cause and corrective action analysis for purchased part continuity of supply issues and line outs.
• Support quality system and financial audits of the Purchasing process; in compliance with ISO, FDA and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
• Drive ABC parts management to focus efforts on key suppliers and A items.
• Provide Commodity management for non-Key Suppliers
• Support Purchasing Staff personal development
• Maintain supply and demand balance for purchased parts
• Drive productivity through favorable material price variance
• Establish tight linkages with key suppliers and expand the use of Kanban
• Participate in meetings with Key Suppliers
• Maintain Purchasing system integrity
• Support Supplier Quality improvement
• Drive Inventory reduction through management of planning parameters and days of supply reduction (optimum lot sizing, lead-time reduction, logistics improvements)
• Manage part effectivity, engineering changes
• Maintain Purchasing processes (Std Operating Procedures) and review regularly
• Monitor and report performance metrics monthly
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree in related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Purchasing and Planning (ideal 8-10)
• Strong background with ERP/MRP Systems (SAP is a plus)
• 3-5 years in Purchasing or Supply Chain Leadership / Management positions
• Experience in lean manufacturing or other production practice
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communications
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work constructively within a team environment and lead teams with influence
• Demonstrated facilitation and leadership skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong PC and Systems application knowledge
• A desire to WIN!!
Cross-functional Interfaces with:
• Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Finance, Planning, Suppliers, Service, Material Flow, Transportation, World Wide Purchasing
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & nanomaterials.
Carestream Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream Health - 10 months ago
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...