Position exists is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, testing, and repairing fire detection, and suppression equipment. The incumbent may be scheduled to work various shifts and weekends to meet the needs of the Hospital not necessarily within the craft lines. Follows established equipment operation procedures, assists in establishing and follows appropriate preventive maintenance schedules to ensure proper maintenance and maximum life of the equipment. Identifies and properly reports through the work order system all potential and existing problems encountered and suggests through the appropriate channels any improvements and corrections to Facilities systems and equipment that meet overall energy efficiency needs, operational control, and continuous improvement objectives of the department and Hospital. Participates in the planning process for remodeling and new construction. Reviews new and retrofit building management systems pertaining to remodeling and long-range planning projects. Coordinates functions with other services and departments. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Prefers factory trained certification or equivalent; IMSA or NCET recommended.
- High School diploma; GED or equivalent preferred.
- Requires a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Requires related work experience in a commercial or construction environment working with electronic fire protection and sprinkler systems.
- Requires thorough knowledge of electricity and electrical; equipment repair.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret blueprints; schematics and diagrams.
- Requires current knowledge of various federal; state; local; OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and Joint Commission codes and regulations.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 22 months ago