Keynote Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: KEYN) is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing and monitoring. Before the term “SaaS” was invented and marketing people labeled everything online as “the cloud”, Keynote was already helping companies improve the connected experience for web and mobile users around the world. Founded in 1995, Keynote Systems is the pioneer in developing on-demand, cloud-based solutions that help our customers assure the online experience in five areas: mobile testing and monitoring, web performance monitoring, web load testing, web privacy monitoring, and real user experience testing. With a global network of more than 7,000 measurement systems and mobile devices, in 260 locations and 187 countries, collecting over 800,000,000 measurements every day, we can provide a level of performance detail on a global scale that is unmatched in the world.
Through our award-winning products, our growing number of 3,000 corporate customers rely upon Keynote to help them become “the best of the best”…and we expect no less from those looking to join our team. Our testing, monitoring and measurement products and services are used by some of the largest and hottest online portals, e-commerce sites, B2B sites, mobile operators, and mobile infrastructure providers including: AT&T, Best Buy, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, FedEx, Google, and Microsoft. With Keynote, these companies know precisely how their mobile apps and web applications perform on actual browsers, networks, and mobile devices from around the world.
We have an immediate opening for a Database Administrator in our San Mateo, California headquarters.
Keynote’s Operations group is an exciting, challenging, and fast-paced organization with some of the best technical minds in the industry. We are responsible for building and supporting the world’s largest mobile and Internet test and measurement network, which collects over 540,000,000 measurements each day! As a Database Administrator, you will be involved in architecting, managing, and supporting the databases for new applications, business systems and tools for both external customer-facing and internal customers. You will need to be comfortable with juggling multiple high-priority tasks, have a drive to exceed expectations, and be willing to hit the ground running and getting your hands dirty along the way.
Reporting to the Database Operations Manager, the Database Administrator is responsible for providing technical hardware, operating system, and database software support in the form of installations, upgrades, root cause analysis, architecture, capacity planning, performance management and maintenance for all SQL server database platforms managed by Keynote Systems. The Database Administrator will need to be able to develop complex SQL and scripting procedures and work closely with developers and business users. This position will require programming along with Database Administrator responsibilities. Depending on performance factors and at the manager’s sole discretion, the Database Administrator may be eligible to telecommute up to 20% of the work week.
- Design, install, configure, support, and manage SQL servers and databases in clustered and standalone environments.
- Manage and test backup/recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for SQL server database upgrades/patches.
- Proactively manage database support issues and effectively take corrective actions.
- Resolve user and system incidents and alerts; participate in 24x7 on call.
- Responsible for the scaling and availability of SQL server databases.
- Develop stored procedures and scripting to automate databases tasks.
- Develop interfaces and integrations with other applications and RDBMS (Oracle and MySQL).
- Work collaboratively with the development, business analyst teams and end users during all stages of projects.
- 5+ years database management experience with a strong understanding of SQL server 2005/2008 in clustered environments.
- Good working experience with relational database architecture and database. implementations/monitoring/maintenance with the primary focus on SQL server.
- Good working experience troubleshooting database performance and scaling problems; good knowledge with handling traces, performance monitoring, and blocking issues.
- Good working knowledge with database tools to manage, support, scale and enable highly available databases.
- Working experience in a distributed SQL server environment that supports high-volume transactions in geographic locations.
- Good working experience with database backup, recovery, replication, database clusters and service broker environments.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Oracle and MySQL is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing SQL clusters and fault tolerant database environments.
- Self-motivated and passionate about the database administration role.
- Solid expertise with database technology with hands-on experience in SQL server technologies and tools.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with SQL server management tools and SQL procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good ability to explain database technology, methodology, processes, tools, templates, environments, and concepts to team members.
Keynote is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring. We provide companies with solutions for continuously...