SIMCO Electronics originated in the heart of Silicon
Valley in 1962 and was built on a foundation of
dedication to customer service and commitment to
technical superiority. Today, SIMCO Electronics is
headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA with a worldwide network
of laboratories and international field service teams
providing localized support.
SIMCO Electronics’ strategic emphasis is to provide
enhanced program management systems and services for
customers’ test and measurement equipment needs. One
global service provider improves quality control and
compliance of services while reducing total program
The principal markets served by SIMCO Electronics
include Life Sciences, Electronic
Networking, Automotive, and Government. Specific
market-focused expertise is the core of SIMCO
Electronics’ competencies and a central focus of capital
investments and strategic initiatives.
We have an immediate opening for a Route Driver in our
Allentown, PA facility.
The Route Driver will be responsible for the efficient
and safe pickup, handling and delivery of customers’
equipment and the minor/preventative maintenance of
their assigned SIMCO vehicle. The employee will also be
required to generate accurate shipping documentation
(pickups sheets and shippers), and to provide general
administrative support in the laboratory.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Ability to schedule, pickup and deliver on any route
2. Customer Service orientated - assist and direct any
customer inquiries, concerns and questions to the proper
department (s) supervisors, and or managers if unable to
3. Incoming and outgoing shippers are to be complete,
accurate, and legible at all times and placed with the
appropriate customers(s) equipment at all times.
4. All documentation is to be filed and or distributed
to the proper location(s).
5. Ensures safe and reasonable loading, handling,
packaging, transportation and unloading of customer’s
6. Ensures the safe operation of assigned vehicles(s)
and maintains a courteous attitude towards other drivers
on the roadways, and maintains a current and valid
7. Maintains appropriate demeanor, appearance and dress,
at all times. Maintain professionalism when dealing with
customers (internal and external) and /or when
representing SIMCO in any means/manner.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High school Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak
Operating System, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient with the use of a computer, Microsoft XP
duties, or related Shipping/Receiving activity
- Have previous experience in performing route driver
streets, highways, etc. and a good sense of
- “Clean” and satisfactory driving record.
- Reasonable knowledge of the area/location routes,
sites such as Yahoo maps, Map quest, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, or Internet map
Req. Code : 2012-047 Allentown, PA
- Able to lift a minium of 50 lbs. without assistance
% of Travel Required : 30-40%
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)