Ultrabook SW Engineer
Job Description: Are you interested in developing software for Intel's Ultrabook platforms? The PC Client Group (PCCG) has an opportunity in its Core Software Initiatives and Products (CSIP) group to design and develop software to stretch the boundaries of system performance. We work in a multi-disciplined team with multiple organizations in order to design and bring to market the best that Intel can offer in mobile platform software. The goal of our team is to develop world-class software solutions and technologies to help assure platform leadership in the mobile market space. We focus on the design and development of thermal, power, and performance management software drivers and applications while working closely with SW test and HW development teams. In this position, your immediate responsibility will be designing and developing power & thermal management software for the sleekest mobile platforms (Ultrabook). You will be working closely with platform architects to understand the requirements, create prototypes as necessary, and productize technologies that get to end users as part of future mobile platforms.
You must possess a Master of Science with minimum 3 years experience or Bachelor of Science degree with minimum 5 years experience in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of programming skills in C and/or C++. Experience in writing production level software
- 5+ years of experience with data structures, computer architecture, operating systems, and multithreaded programming
- 5+ years of analytical and problem solving experience, and the ability to work independently and in teams
5+ years of experience in 1 or more of the following:
- Experience developing Windows (Win7, Win8) and/or Linux device drivers
- Knowledge of Intel client platform architecture, CPU/PCH architecture.
- Experience developing Windows applications and middleware
- Experience in C#, .NET*, and/or assembly language programming
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Experience in software engineering practices such as design, documentation, prototyping, unit testing, etc.
Mar 8, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Intel - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...