Amazon has developed a number of innovative and fast-growing developer-facing businesses, including the Amazon Appstore, Game Services and CloudDrive. As PR Specialist, you will be responsible for executing the public relations strategy for the Amazon Appstore, Amazon’s games initiatives, and CloudDrive programs, addressing both consumers and developers. This position offers an incredible opportunity to leverage your understanding of the app and game industries inside one of the world’s leading consumer brands to lead high impact PR initiatives.
- Drive massive awareness for existing and new Appstore and Game Services initiatives, both with consumers and developers.
- Work closely with Amazon senior executives to present and refine PR messaging strategy for new and existing products.
- Deliver strategic communications counsel to internal executives on both short and long term challenges and opportunities
- Identify big opportunities to broaden awareness of Amazon’s role in the app and game market.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with appropriate media contacts through regular meetings and general relationship-building.
- Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson for assigned businesses as necessary
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with appropriate media contacts
- Keep current on trends, issues and news about both the business and consumer worlds of apps and video games
- 3+ years of experience in public relations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Media relations experience representing high-profile consumer brands, either in-house or agency-side
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
- Desire to work with the media proactively to generate awareness
- A passion for pop culture and entertainment
- Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the job
- Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...