This position will provide focused support to both the pre- and post-award functions of the Office of Sponsored Programs.
Please Note: The continuation of this position is contingent on the availability of funds and will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
Southern Polytechnic State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is a residential university with over 6,200 students pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in many of the nation’s fastest growing technology fields. The university, located one mile west of 1-75’s Exit 263, is just 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta. Southern Polytechnic is an EOE / ADA /AA Employer.
1. Follow internal financial control procedures;
2. Process Expenditure Request Forms ensuring proper completion by requester;
3. Prepare and process SPSU payment request forms and travel documents;
4. Prepare and process SPARC check request forms and travel documents;
5. Obtain appropriate signatures for paperwork completion;
6. Post transactions to proper accounts within the Sage accounting software system;
7. Run financial reports as requested;
8. Maintain vendor profile database;
9. Process time/effort reports of externally sponsored faculty and staff to ensure compliance;
10. Process and log Financial Conflict of Interest forms for SPARC ;
11. Process and log Responsible Conduct in Research certificates completed by faculty;
12. Schedule appointments, answer phones, copying, completing appropriate paperwork and filing duties;
13. Secretarial support, communications by phone, in person and via regular mail and email;
14. Office management and sponsored programs procurement;
15. Act as OSP Webmaster;
16. Assist with other duties as requested.
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Must be computer literate, experienced with computer software including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
2. Must have experience in Sage MIP Accounting software;
3. Excellent written and oral communications skills; must possess the ability to multi-task;
4. Must be dependable, self-motivated, and an energetic team player;
5. Ability to manage office and production processes efficiently;
6. Must have good organizational skills in order to meet challenging deadlines and time pressures.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University (may be substituted with an Associate’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of office logistics, management and customer service experience, or the equivalent combination of training and experience). Experience in public or private professional research and education environment is desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to the required documents which must be uploaded, please note the following additional information:
-A minimum of three professional references (name, phone number and address information)