CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber-optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
The primary responsibility of the Sales Administrator (SA) is to provide sales support for complex communications product solutions (data, voice, IP, etc.) for CenturyLink’s customers. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in voice and data networks. The Sales Administrator is a key member of a Sales team, who is responsible for customer care from the sales stage through to billing and revenue assurance, with a focus on continuous improvement of the customer experience during the order implementation experience. This position will be responsible for working with sales teams, contract support, sales engineering, program management, and network operations in providing service delivery to our customers. The SA experience allows them to act as a consultant to the customer and as a customer advocate to sales, sales engineering and product management when providing complex customer solutions.
As a primary interface with both internal and external customers, the Sales Administrator’s Spirit of Service and skills make a positive contribution to the strength of CenturyLink’s relationship with our RMG Accounts. The SA works independently in the execution of documented roles and responsibilities. The SA will often escalate proactively within interdependent departments to accomplish assigned responsibilities. The SA will be conversant in all CenturyLink products and able to identify potential opportunities for new business and upgrades, generate customer interest, and make the appropriate referral to the Account Manager
• Manages large and/or complex projects independently or in a cooperative effort with the assigned Project Manager, Service Delivery Coordinator (SDC), or Technical Project Coordinator (TPC) as applicable. As part of the customer base management skills, the SA will have strong negotiation, problem-solving, conflict/trouble resolution, communication, and presentation skills
• Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in multiple products (including advanced service features and complex products) order processing, systems, contracts, retention, complex pricing and billing mediums. Will sometimes require assistance to plan and execute complex projects
• Completes service orders in a legible, accurate and timely manner
• Interacts effectively as a team member within a major account team organization to support sales objectives
• Makes accurate and timely decisions based on customer needs and business requirements
• Contributes to the attainment of revenue objectives by managing orders from the sales stage through to accurate billing and revenue recognition
• Represents CenturyLink to multiple departments and levels within the customer account by understanding how CenturyLink’s products meet their goals
5+ years of experience with CenturyLink Products and Systems, QC, QCC, and CTL or related Telecom experience in network services (i.e. private line (copper and fiber), local exchange/trunking, Switched and dedicated long distance, VoIP, WAN iQ, Frame Relay, ATM, Centrex, SHNS, etc.)
Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), negotiating, time management and organizational skills
Strong support skills in customer base management and customer relationship building at various levels, and has proficiency in performing customer needs analysis
Ability to interact effectively with clients, face-to-face and remotely
Ability to negotiate timelines and resources, internally and externally
Strong problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with incomplete or conflicting information
Experience and knowledge of systems, databases, applications such as BOSS, SOPAD, ORION, CASPER, EFLOW, FRSR, IABS, WFA, TIRKS, Premise, QControl, Qcentral, Ensamble or other types of systems
Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...