We now have an opportunity for a PRN REGISTERED NURSE to join our team at our clinic located in LaVergne, TN.
(SHIFT IS 7 - 3; 3-11; 11-7; M-SU)
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems includes Take Care Consumer Solutions ( www.takecarehealth.com ), managers of convenient care clinics located at select Walgreens drugstores nationwide, and Take Care Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com), managers of worksite-based health and wellness services. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our trusted community of providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare to all individuals. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies.
Uses nursing skills to evaluate patient care needs, prioritize treatment, and maintain patient flow. Conducts a nursing assessment by taking a patient history and physical assessment and by obtaining vital signs and other medical tests. Provides treatment within scope of practice as defined by state law. Collaborates with Physician or other Licensed Independent Practitioner to arrange for further medical treatment, when needed. Identifies equipment that needs repair and brings it to the attention of the lead clinician. Performs occupational and health screening tests as defined in site contract (EKG, audiometry, spirometry, vision). Conducts appropriate laboratory tests and quality control procedures. Documents accurately all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged. Evaluates health education/promotion needs of patients and provides necessary training and instruction. Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice. Administers medications and medical treatments competently as directed by a Physician or Licensed Independent Practitioner. Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software). Maintains a clean and safe environment. Follows infection control procedures. Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information. Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits. Maintains documentation of work related injuries and illnesses with case management process. Case manages the work related injuries and illnesses and coordinates with benefit provider and clinical provider. Other duties as assigned. This job has no supervisory responsibilities. While working at this large employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people! M/F/D/V
Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Certificate from an accredited Nursing School or Associates’ degree (A.S.) is required. Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred.
- At least three years experience as a Registered Nurse in an emergency room, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic . Case management experience a plus.
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice required
- Current training in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing, Certification in Emergency Nursing, or Certificate in Case Management.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
Take Care Health - 2 years ago
At Take Care Health Systems we offer a more personalized, human approach to healthcare.
Our Take Care Clinics, conveniently located in...