In partnership with the VP of Marketing, The Marketing Director manages and directs the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communication plans to achieve business goals. S/he is also responsible for mentoring and developing staff by providing strategic direction, clear expectation setting, positive and inspirational leadership, innovation management, and workflow coordination.
The Marketing Director develops, monitors and measures the effectiveness of all corporate branding and bring to market campaign plans to include product positioning, advertising planning, media placement/buying, PR, event planning and both internal and external marketing communications.
S/he develops comprehensive competitive analysis and provides strategy of differentiation. The Marketing Director will drive strategy and message to assist marketing/sales representatives to promote and drive sales of company products and/or services.
The Marketing Director will also support the marketing functions for various departments to include sales, production, support and digital advisor teams in achieving their objectives by providing the appropriate level of lead generation, customer and partner support, brand awareness and market intelligence.
· Create, manage and oversee company wide marketing initiatives measured by increased sales results
· Manage cross functional marketing team that includes channel marketing, events, digital media, and project management.
· Analyze the market and customer requirements to identify opportunities and strategies in key areas.
· Orchestrate compelling marketing strategies and tactics to drive sales leads and pipeline building for all potential client groups.
· Work closely with sales to deliver the knowledge, tools and programs they need to achieve ongoing success.
· Provide strategic direction and content for field marketing and demand generation campaigns.
· Develop and implement tradeshow strategy for NADA event planning and other marketing events/seminars
· Conducts annual reviews for each team member and provides feedback on work quality and expectations formally, informally and routinely.
Reporting relationships and Contacts:
This position reports directly to the VP of Marketing and interacts with all levels of employees throughout the company.
Education and Work Experience:
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
A minimum of 8+ years experience in B2B marketing is required, automotive industry preferred.
A minimum of 8+ years management experience is also required.
Knowledge, skills, abilities required:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate for a business environment and effectiveness in critical decision-making.
Must be organized, efficient and exhibit great attention to detail.
Personal presentation and composure at all times / must be professional & appropriate
Strategic planning and execution
Partnership creation, maximization
Web/E marketing, implementation
Developing Direct Reports
Building Effective Teams
Managing through Systems
Managing Vision and Purpose
Must have visual acuity including color perception.
Must have auditory and speech sensitivity sufficient to understand and communicate effectively.
Must have cognitive ability sufficient to understand and communicate abstract ideas.
Must have ability to read and write at an advanced level.
Must have ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
This person will work in the main office in Burlington, VT and occasionally travel to industry conventions or shows.
Dealer.com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
Dealer.com, a Dealertrack Technologies Solution, provides an integrated platform of Inventory, Advertising, Website and CRM products which...