Ability To, Inc. is a full service IT firm providing community business partners with information technology strategies and infrastructure. Ability To collaborates with partners to identify IT and digital solutions for all areas of their business while supporting the details behind the scenes. Together a team of dedicated professionals share their passion for the industry while empowering their partners, partners’ businesses and the community at large.
The Solution Technician will take in new calls and set priorities for handling incidents, handle the day-to-day technical incidents, triage server issues, conduct back up checks, monitor monitoring boards and messages for ticket creation/triage/escalation, conduct AV maintenance, engage vendors to resolve/escalate issues as appropriate, identify automation needs, code/escalate, report on maintenance to partners (clients), and understand limitations and escalate according to SLA’s. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to its success.
- Administers end-user equipment and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN)
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions, escalates where needed
- Review and identify monitoring systems for possible incidents; triage and escalate where needed
- Installs, configures and maintains workstations, Windows networks, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment
- Proactively communicates to users, team members, and management using ticketing system for all incidents, scheduled events, and high priority incidents/problems
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades
- Maintains site licenses for department/organization
- Maintain network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff
- Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Office Suite, Exchange, Active Directory, Server 2003/2008, Windows 7, Vista, and XP
- Knowledge of networking – including File Sharing, Print Sharing, Wiring, Wireless
- Excellent Time Management – At the partner (client) site on time; deadline based and great with dates and time
- Outstanding with partner detail - tracking, reporting and documentation
- Strong personality - a flexible self-starter, extrovert, willing to take initiative
- Excellent communication and follow-up with management and partners including tickets, status updates on projects, emails, and phone calls
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex and often undocumented support issues with limited resources
- Responsible for documentation for all audiences ranging from regular users to delicate non-computer friendly to technical counterparts
- People person - cares for our partners, demonstrates commitment to ensure that a partner’s issue is resolved in an expedited fashion
- Recognizes opportunities on a project or ticket and discusses these opportunities with the team
- Readily able to complete small and large tasks
- A team player who is capable of sharing and leading project work
- A drive to giving one’s personal best on any task no matter how big or small
- Understands the importance of partner satisfaction – our partners are #1 because they pay our salaries
- Professionalism – represent oneself and Ability To well
- Self-awareness in technical ability - knows limits and will ask for assistance when needed
- Local to Denver Metro Area. Capability to work out of Ability To office as well as travel to partner offices 50% of the time
- Flexible schedule - hours needed will be 8am to 6pm, with weekends and after-hours jobs
The ideal candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Microsoft Small Business Specialist Certification
- MCSE, CCNA, Network Plus, Security Plus, or A+ certification
- Development Background in C, Shell, and/or Sql
- Support and patch automation experience
- Managed service provider experience
Salary: dependent upon experience
Opening Date: 1/21/13
Application Deadline: 2/11/13
How to Apply: Please submit salary requirements, resume, and cover letter with answers to the questions below. Full job description is available upon request. Any incomplete applications will not be considered. Individuals selected to interview will be contacted by email.
1. Why do you feel that your qualifications meet this position?
2. How do your skills meet the needs of working in a fast-paced, customer-centric position?
3. Why are you passionate about working in IT?
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard