Position is responsible for assisting the Communications Department in the day-to-day preparation for a game.
- Computer statistical research for the daily game notes.
- Computer generated daily news clips to be emailed to all facets of the organization.
- Copying and collating of 100+ copies of game notes on a daily basis.
- Copying and assembly of the computerized statistical packets provided by Major League Baseball.
- Copying and collating of 100+ copies of the visiting team game notes on a daily basis.
- Serves as a blogger for Royals.com, which includes sitting in with the field manager’s daily press conference to acquire information for blogging.
- Work with Royals.com as a “real time correspondent” to find stories to post in real time on the website and Twitter.
- Assist in the press box during each home game and compile the post-game notes for dissemination to the media.
- Other related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft computer applications, including Excel spreadsheets, and Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of the game of baseball, including expansive statistical understanding and the ability to translate that understanding into game note form.
- Work hours include holidays, weekends and evenings
- Work independently with team oriented goals
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative