HP Cloud Services is looking for exceptional technologists to join the Network Operations Center (NOC) team supporting our next generation public Cloud services. The HPCS NOC team partners directly with the Level 1 Technical Support, Security Operations Center (SOC) and software engineering teams, to provide support and efficient process escalation and resolution.
- Responsible for monitoring all production systems in a 24/7.
- Utilize strategies, tools, processes necessary to provide NOC services, in coordination with Technical Support and SOC Support.
- Create, update and manage comprehensive process and procedural documentation for Operations center. Work cross functionally to ensure correct on-call responsibilities from the Cloud organization.
- Resolve operational issues quickly; seek assistance on complex issues. Understand the triage and escalation procedures that are in place. Clearly document all steps and communicate clearly too all affected parties.
- Support incident manager for Critical issues and insure all Critical issues are communicated and escalated to the appropriate teams. Quickly diagnose problems, run preliminary steps to gather information, resolve or escalate the issue.
- Proactively work to refine documentation of systems/network, troubleshooting guides, policies, and procedures where needed.
- Fully comply with departmental processes, including problem management, escalation and change management. Work to improve and develop new processes. Verbal and written communications should be clear and concise.
- Additionally, the ability to make presentations to management and other audiences as requested.
Expertise in monitoring tools and problem ticketing systems.
You are also expected to be able to work in a startup culture; be self-motivated, initially wearing many hats including supporting 24x7 Operations and travel if/when needed.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Strong Linux administration experience. Shell scripting, automation, DNS, DHCP, storage concepts, basic networking, IP Tables, etc. RHCE or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Experience with Ubuntu preferred, but not required.
- Experience running virtual machines under an open source or commercial hypervisor.
- Experience analyzing system and network performance using monitoring and graphical data.
- Demonstrate ability to master and maintain complicated environments.
- 3-5 years experience working in demanding Internet, Cloud, or telecommunications Systems/Technical Operations role.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
HP - 10 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...