CPR Certification from American Heart Association
Respiratory Care License (NJ)
Position Summary: Assesses, plans, administers, and evaluates patients receiving all respiratory care modalities as ordered by a physician or as delineated by medical center protocols. Actively participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of quality patient care. Provides emergency, critical care, and general care respiratory services to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
Education: Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s preferred
Experience: 0-1 years experience required, 2-4 preferred
2. NJ State License
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
1. Knowledge of infection control, anatomy, physiology and pathology of the respiratory and cardiac systems and the etiology and pathology of respiratory disease.
2. Knowledge of respiratory care equipment and treatment modalities.
3. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with patients, family, and other caregivers.
4. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Preferred:
1. Previous experience working as a Respiratory Therapist in a critical care setting.
Frequent/strenuous physical effort (e.g. heavy lifting, sustained physical effort, extensive carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.)
Primary Equipment Used:
1. Therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care equipment (Ventilators, BIPAP machines, etc.)
2. Standard office equipment (telephones, fax, personal computer, etc.)
3. Medical gases, regulators, flowmeters, etc.
4. Standard patient care devices (stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, etc.)
5. Emergency resuscitation equipment (laryngoscopes, manual resuscitators, etc.)
Lourdes Health System - 13 months ago
At the Lourdes Health System it is our mission to make a difference in the lives ofÂ women who struggle with the issue of access to...