Brief Description of Position : The Network/Computer Support Technician, under the direction of the Network Administrator, is primarily responsible for providing computer network support throughout the College. The NCST maintains, repairs, installs, tests and monitors college-wide network computer systems and assists other technology personnel in the maintenance of all network/computer systems. This position will provide technical support through the Technology Support Help Desk by responding to requests for technical support from faculty and staff and documenting follow-up and problem resolution via the campus Web Work Order system and will act as back-up to the Media Services Department in providing audio-visual support services to all campuses.
Minimum Qualifications :
1. Minimum two-year degree in an information technology or computer engineering related field required.
2. Minimum of two years related experience in providing network/ computer hardware and software technical support to a diverse group of users required.
3. Considerable knowledge and experience in working with a variety of network/computer-related equipment including: desktops, servers, laptops, printers, scanners, attached storage units, barcode scanners, etc.
4. Strong working knowledge of current Windows desktop and server operating systems.
5. Basic knowledge of the principles and practices of local area networking sufficient to provide front-line diagnosis of network-related problems.
1. Experience in the mass rollout of Windows desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office and other popular applications, including experience with disk cloning software and Microsoft unattended installation utilities.
2. Experience with the rollout and maintenance of enterprise-level anti-virus/spyware/malware applications.
3. A working knowledge of Linux, SQL, SharePoint and other OS systems is a plus.
4. Working knowledge of any or a combination of current audiovisual equipment and technologies, DLPs, DVD/VCRs, Elmos, Digital whiteboards, microphones, amps, mixers, etc. is a plus.
5. Experience in or strong knowledge of the Community College System in North Carolina and a familiarity with the needs of community college students and faculty is a plus.
Salary : Commensurate with experience and credentials.
Application Procedure : Applications must be submitted online at www.wpcc.edu .