- · Continued development and implementation of a corporate trade compliance program including:
- o Completion and continued maintenance of import and export compliance procedure manuals
- o Defining and developing procedures for trade compliance audits and ensuring corrective action processes are in place to comply with local import and export regulations globally
- · Actively support operational process controls through regular activity and training with Product Management, Logistics, Sales, Finance, Marketing and Distribution to keep the company compliant with trade regulations.
- o Classification of new products
- o Ensure compliance with all import/ export “special programs” (GSP, NAFTA, 9801/2 & duty drawback)
- o Country of origin & markings determination
- o Product specific compliance activities in validation of US Government procurement programs
- · Supports compliance requirements and recommendations with other related internal organizations globally in maintaining continuity with corporate trade compliance direction.
- o Reviews and reports on the state of the company's compliance effectiveness, report areas of risk to senior team, recommend solutions, and obtains guidance and/or decision support for required improvements.
- · Serves as prime contact for import/ export compliance and government inquiries or notifications relating to compliance issues.
- o CF28, 29 and any other inquiry or action
- · Stays current on U.S. import/ export regulatory changes and proposed legislation as well as other global initiative and legislation
- · Manages external custom brokers and performs monthly post-entry audits against customs reports and customs broker electronic data, vendor and shipper invoice and import documentation.
- · Prepares and files all required reports as specified by government export and import compliance agencies.
- · All other duties as requested by manager or department head.
- · Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- · Strong analytical skills and excel proficiency
- · Excellent organizational skills
- · Consumer based company experience preferred.
- · BA degree or higher required in business, economics or equivalent
- · U.S. Customs Brokers License preferred
- · 7+ Years of progressively responsible experience in this field is required