Summit Polymers, Inc. is an automotive supplier of injection molded interior trim, which specializes in the engineering, manufacturing, and assembly of feature based registers, consoles and trim panels. High performance, lean manufacturing, and full service product development assure Summit’s continued growth and success. We currently have a great opportunity to join our team.
Summit offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and disability insurance; generous 401(k), flexible spending options, relocation consideration, tuition reimbursement, and flexible schedules; plus progressive career advancement for high performers. Applicants must include salary requirements and/or history to be considered. Summit is unable to sponsor any additional F1, TN or H1B Visas at this time. This position requires you to be able to meet our pre-employment testing standards and complete all post-hire training expectations. NO RECRUITERS.
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for providing support for the Corporate Materials staff by performing the necessary administrative and warehouse activities.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the following major tasks:
- Perform a variety of typing and computer word processing tasks for the Materials staff.
- Input data and maintain Supplier Performance Evaluations Computer database, print and issue Supplier Performance Reports, communicate with suppliers and Summit plants to resolve supplier questions relating to the evaluation system.
- Maintain and issue Open Issues Reports for weekly Materials/Engineering meetings.
- Perform document control duties for the Corporate Materials department.
- Assist in completing Content Reporting submissions to customers.
- Handle supplier mailings.
- Maintain computer spreadsheets tracking Commodity Pricing and Foreign Currency Conversion rates.
- Maintain and organize the Engineering materials Warehouse. Maintain a computerized warehouse inventory. Prepare shipments and arrange for delivery of product and assure product arrival.
- Order product from suppliers, issue Purchase Orders, and track the receipt of product, expediting as necessary.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Part Number database.
- Maintain new product database.
- Maintain supplier files.
- Assist in purchasing supplies for the Technical Center.
- Assist in coordinating Summit trucking.
- Backup responsibilities for other Material Coordinator.
- Complete other projects and duties as requested.
Possesses the ability to learn routines quickly, train others for routine positions and gather information. High school degree and some related experience, or post high school training. Clerical skills and computer skills required.; agreement to complete all post-hire required training.
Summit Polymers, Inc. - 12 months ago