Under the general supervision of a supervisor, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established department policies and procedures. A CLS makes a valuable contribution to the daily operations of the department by performing at a level above and beyond what is defined by his/her job description.
- Performance of and reporting of clinical laboratory diagnostic testing results
- Instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Ability to work well independently in handling high volume requests and STATS in an organized manner, with attention to detail and stipulated deadlines
- Perform multiple computer functions, including LIS result entry in Flexilab/Misys, review of pending test logs, and use of CRM/Microsoft Outlook
- Perform and document quality control
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, coworkers and other departments
- Must qualify as testing personnel under CLIA regulations
- Baccalaureate Degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science with one (1) year clinical internship or has equivalent grandfather classification
- Nationally recognized certification as appropriate to job description or nationally recognized categorical certification or registry eligible
Preferred education, skills or experience
- Experience in Medical Laboratory Testing
PAML - 17 months ago
Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories (PAML) is heading for the high road as a leading independent laboratory services provider in the...