The Fourth Judicial District Criminal Division seeks to fill a Senior Court Clerk Position at the Hennepin County Public Safety Facility (PSF). Initial training hours for this position are 8:00-4:30. May be assigned a work schedule of 8:30-5:00 or 9:00-6:00.
Example of Duties:
- Prepares and calls calendars; serves as courtroom clerk and updates court cases; sets court dates; maintains court minutes; records and files exhibits; image documents, administers oaths.
- Prepares, validates and issues warrants and subpoenas; prepares commitments.
- Enters and retrieves information by accessing MNCIS, knowledge of ViBES, Outlook, Scanning of documents and court records into a case management or electronic filing system, Word and DVS to access driving records.
- Interview and evaluate customers both in-custody and out of custody to determine eligibility for public defender appointment.
- Processes complex legal documents; determines proper venue and jurisdiction, accepts monies for bail or fine payments.
- Provides information regarding court procedures either over the phone, electronically, in the courtroom or at the counter.
- Performs related work as required.
- This position requires an applicant who is a team player, one who is skilled, efficient, flexible, motivated and able to deal with interruptions and stresses involved in working in a busy office and/or courtroom setting. There will be contact with multiple customers including Judges, court reporters, law clerks, judicial clerks, in-custody inmates, Probations, and Prosecutors.
- This position will include clerking of all courtroom assignments and handling all office duties and updating of in-custody cases until completion. This position will require knowledge of and the ability to initiate cases, including but not limited to, accepting complaint warrants, orders of detention, search warrants, transport orders, and other court documents and filings.
- Fourth District Employee
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience (6 months to 2 years) as a court clerk or in the legal field.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a Criminal Background Check prior to appointment.
- Knowledge of legal and court systems.
- Team-oriented, with a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, probation officers, court staff, judicial officers and the general public in person, electronically and by phone.
- Ability to work respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds, both as customers and co-workers.
- Well-organized, professional, dependable and analytical.
- Reliable and flexible, with the ability to effectively multi-task to meet commitments, including clerking and updating in-custody court cases to completion to assure timely release of incarcerated parties.
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time; some lifting and bending.
For Courts AFSCME-represented employees seeking to bid, transfer, demote or promote. AFSCME-represented employees seeking to bid must also notify Fourth Judicial District HR of their intent to bid. Please call or email Deb Morse at
Deb.Morse@courts.state.mn.us , 612-348-3317.
Minnesota Judicial Branch - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard