Store Manager - Casual Male XL
The primary focus of CMRG’s store management is to create and manage a team of customer service and product knowledge experts who are committed to building and sustaining a relationship with our customers by providing an environment that enhances the buying experience. The Store Manager is responsible for the overall operation and performance of the store, which includes sales, merchandising, operations, staff selection and supervision, training and development, loss prevention and expense control. They are fully accountable for driving sales and profitability while supervising up to 10 associates and directing all aspects of store operations. Our Store Managers must adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They establish high standards of performance and act as a role model by exhibiting those standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Develop, foster and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhancing the buying experience and building relationships that lead to long term business growth; Demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services.
Responsible for achieving individual sales goals and in ensuring the store meets its sales plan.
- Monitor and positively affect profitability in the areas of customer service, sales, inventory/expense control and risk management.
- Hire and sustain a superior sales team that supports our customer focused culture.
- Train, develop and coach associates on selling skills and behaviors and operational procedures; lead by example. Provide on-going coaching and counseling, create succession plans and effectively manage performance and corrective action processes.
- Empower associates to use their skills, experience and good judgment as an effective customer service tool.
- Direct and coordinate their activities to meet sales, productivity and profit goals.
- Responsible for effective implementation of all visual merchandising standards and operational direction. Ensure that standards are being followed including floor sets, cleanliness, marketing, signage and sales promotion. Create merchandise presentations and displays that have impact, are customer focused and maximize sales.
- Effectively communicate with District Manager on a regular basis.
- Ensure each customer is welcomed into the store in a warm and genuinely sincere manner.
- Ensure the appropriate quality time is spent with the customer, asking questions in order to learn about his/her needs, preferences and lifestyle.
- Go above and beyond the customer’s initial requests and assist in fulfilling his/her wardrobe needs by recommending complete outfits.
- Ensure each customer is connected to the brand by engaging him/her in our loyalty program, and turning them into CMRG “fans” by encouraging return visits.
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc., together with our subsidiaries, is the largest specialty retailer of big & tall men’s apparel with retail operations throughout the United States and London, England. We operate over 450 stores which include Casual Male XL retail and outlet stores, Rochester Big & Tall stores, Destination XL stores and a direct to consumer business, including catalog and e-commerce sites for B & T Factory Direct, LivingXL.com, and ShoesXL.com. The Company is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts, and its common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “DXLG.” We pride ourselves on the very best quality merchandise and top-notch customer service. Read below to learn more about our exciting career opportunity!
- 3-4 years of retail experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college or university degree a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to identify top talent, create teams and train, develop, retain great people.
- Demonstrates high quality service techniques and philosophy, including customer service, problem/complaint resolution.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret company policies and procedures.
- Ability to write business correspondence, performance appraisals and corrective action documentation and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Strong basic math skills and solid computer skills.
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and retain a variety of instructions and policies and procedures furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Applicants considered for this position will be required to pass a pre-employment assessment and may be required to pass a background check.
- The associate must regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing these duties of this job, the associate may be required to work alone, for long hours (including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays) and on occasion, may be required to work open to close.
- Associate must be available to travel to neighboring store locations as needed.