BroadHop's carrier-class products enable the "Intelligent Network Experience." The BroadHop product suite reduces the complexity and cost of deploying triple play voice, video, and data services across networks. Offering subscriber-awareness and real-time policy management technology, the award- winning BroadHop Service Management Engine provides a new layer of intelligence for networks, enabling user programmability and auto-provisioning of services. The company has locations in Denver (USA), Paris (Europe), Kuala Lumpur (Asia), Mumbai (India) and an expanding presence in Silicon Valley. Today, BroadHop's products and technology are at the forefront of service deployment with numerous carrier, service provider, and Fortune 500 customers around the world.
Reporting to the Lead Architect, the Systems Platform Engineer will be the company's "Systems and Performance Guru" responsible for the following:
- Responsibility for designing the system platform elements for a high performance Network Appliance based software product for Telecom network management applications
• Lead the specification and engineering of the core Linux system image
• Lead the specification and engineering of the virtual server environment for the company's applications
• Customize configurations for performance, scalability and HA on Intel-based server and blade platforms
• Lead system and platform tuning to maximize performance and reliability of the company's proprietary application with extreme transaction performance and availability as the objective
• Collaborate with the application architecture team to maximize system & application synergies to achieve shared product performance objectives
• Test and certify the inter-operability of the company's system and application software with leading high density computing platforms, including HP, IBM, Sun
Qualifications and Skills
- Execution on the product roadmap
• System performance and scalability
The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional knowledge and hands-on experience with high performance Linux operating systems and computing platforms. A strong track record of leading and executing high quality system engineering and testing activities as required for highly available network components in the Telecom industry. Qualifications include:
- Expert Level knowledge of Linux and hands-on experience in deploying high performance systems
• Strong knowledge and experience in virtual server environments including VMware
• Hands-on experience in tuning Linux systems for extreme performance on Intel-based platforms
• Extensive knowledge and engineering experience in virtual server environments, including VMware
• Expert level knowledge of the J2EE platform running on Linux: JBoss, Apache, other.
• Extensive experience with blade system environments and configuring HP, Sun, IBM blade systems
• Experience in installation and administration of leading telecom databases running on Linux, for example Oracle and MySQL
• Strong background in network management systems and integration within a virtual server environment, Zabbix is a plus
• Significant experience in integrating computing platforms within a HA or Telecom environment
• Enjoys the intense demands and long hours required to "push the envelope" in their profession
Based on skills, experience and the ability to make a significant impact. BroadHop offers an attractive compensation package of salary, bonus, stock participation and medical benefits.
We are a veteran friendly "Equal Opportunity Employer"
To apply please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates matching the qualifications will be considered.
No Third Parties or Solicitors!!!!!