The General Manager sets and achieves the highest standard in all areas of restaurant management including the employee experience, the customer experience, and financial results. He/she oversees training and development of restaurant employees and effectively addresses the needs of the customer, the Apprentice, and other employees. The responsibilities of this position require the General Manager to be on their feet during hours worked, unless on break or in the office working on the computer or on other paperwork-related tasks. If they are not busy, they are expected to evaluate what other tasks need to be completed, and assist others with those tasks.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Leading the restaurant team in successful day-to-day operations - by example and by being a role model of the standards and behaviors consistent with Chipotle’s values and culture.
Properly training and developing Crew, Hourly Managers, and Apprentices through quality orientations, development discussions, performance evaluations, and recognition so that they are prepared for additional career opportunities. Coaching and counseling employees on a timely basis; making decisions on promotions and terminations of employees, and taking the appropriate action.
Identifying talent, interviewing, and hiring new Crew. Demonstrating the management style that is reflective of Chipotle's values and culture. Fostering an environment of teamwork. Successfully communicating company changes/focus to the team. Ensuring that employees are paid properly and receive appropriate benefits. Writing schedules that meet the needs of the business so that a great customer experience is delivered while maintaining financial responsibility.
Building sales and managing the restaurant budget. Compiling, preparing, and maintaining P&L statements, budgets, and cost controls with regard to food, beverage, and labor goals. Implementing and practicing proper payroll procedures. Performing required administrative duties on time, including processing required paperwork . Ensuring that safety and security standards are emphasized and adhered to, and that employees are trained in appropriate responses to unsafe situations.
The ideal candidate will
- Be able to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant personnel
- Speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and employees
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Have the ability to speak, write, read, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
- Have the ability to adapt and succeed in a fast paced environment
- Have previous restaurant management experience
- Have experience as a Chipotle Apprentice
- Have applied experience handling OSHA, EEOC, and health department matters
- Have an A.A. or B.A./B.S in a related field
- Have knowledge of and the ability to use a PC and Microsoft Office Suite
876 Commonwealth Avenue
Jan 23, 2013, 5:55:26 PM
Chipotle Mexican Grill - 19 months ago
When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. We use...