Interviews patients for ocular and medical history, chief complaint, current medications, allergies and family history.
• Performs initial work up including visual testing, color vision testing, retinoscopy and refraction.
• Performs various diagnostic tests and measurements including A-Scans, diagnostic ultrasounds, keratometry, lensometry, tonometry and visual fields.
• Reviews patient records for completeness.
• Maintains supplies and equipment in examining rooms.
• Performs related technical and clerical work.
-High School Diploma
-Two years experience as an Ophthalmic Technician or certification by JCAHPO as an Ophthalmic Technician or equivalent experience in clinical setting
-Basic computer skills and basic medical office procedures and general business pratices.
*Requirements reflect the minimum level necessary to be eligible for this position. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Customer Service Performance
Assist wheelchair patients.
Hourly Salary Range Minimum
Annual Salary Range Minimum
Special Instructions to Applicants
USF EYE - USF TAMPA
Work Schedule Summary
Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm
1/2 hr. to 1 hour lunch
Rotate late tech schedule
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Working up patients for physician examination
Ensures patient record is complete with documentation and documents from outside entities
Maintains supplies and equipment and ensures rooms are prepared for the next day
Routinely monitors and performs daily “to do” list
Other duties as assigned