This position supports the quality assurance efforts for Comminution. This position will be capable of performing inspection and all quality functions for Mining Crushers, Grinding Mills and the York Manufacturing Plant.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Perform inspections of incoming material through the finished product to ensure compliance to drawings and specifications.
- Perform NDT (UT, MT, PT, VT) in York Plant and/or perform NDT witness inspections at suppliers.
- Routinely perform visual inspection of welds in York Plant to AWS D1.1 or to customer specifications.
- Ensure compliance to Quality Plans and drawings for parts in York Plant and at suppliers.
- Assist in training of new Metso inspectors globally, on PL quality assurance procedures, methods and use of tools.
- Participate in resolution of York Plant and supplier non-conformances by interfacing with engineering; and with customers and suppliers.
- Assess development of new suppliers. Work with suppliers to develop and improve quality.
- Audit suppliers and York systems to ensure compliance to quality standards and procedures.
- Communicate and clarify specifications, standards and codes, for York Plant and suppliers.
- Review and approve material certifications, dimension records, NDT reports and all other test reports, from York Plant and suppliers.
- Communicate and clarify acceptable rework instructions to York Plant and suppliers.
- Travel and provide trip reports as instructed.
- Interact with the responsible Buyer, Contract Manager and Quality Manager to review any current situations that need to be addressed with suppliers prior to inspection visits.
- Evaluate the capability and accuracy of production equipment, testing and measurement equipment and facilities at York Plant and suppliers.
- Initiate and track Discrepancy Reports and maintain the system.
- Attend quality related training seminars and become certified in accordance with SNT-TC-1A NDT as a Level II in required methods.
- Become certified as an AWS Certified Weld Inspector.
- Exhibit a commitment to quality ethics.
- Computer literate in email, WORD and EXCEL.
- Technical writing skills are required.
- An understanding of inspection and manufacturing processes is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required combined with accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-language atmosphere.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Answer telephones, read technical documents, operate calculators, computers, keyboards and use test equipment. Climb ladders, stairs, scaffolds and elevated platforms to inspect components. Able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestic and international for extended periods of time to supplier shops and customer jobsites.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in either Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Technology or Quality Engineering with 2 years quality assurance, shop or inspection experience, or; 5 years quality assurance, shop or inspection experience is preferred.
- One year experience in heavy equipment manufacturing preferred.
- NDT Certification to SNT-TC-1A in MT, UT, PT or NDT experience.
- AWS Certified Weld Inspector or weld inspection experience.
- ISO 9001 experience a plus.
- Blueprint reading experience required. Geometric tolerance experience preferred.
- Fluent English is required.
- Valid passport and driver’s license both required for travel.
Metso - 2 years ago
Metso's beyond mezzo when it runs the scale of energy, mining, and paper. The heavy equipment company operates in several segments and...