Join Terumo BCT, we unlock the potential of blood. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado (for local ads Lakewood), we operate in 120 countries with more than 2,600 associates around the world.
Our company has been voted and recognized as a:
- “Best Places to Work” employer by The Denver Business Journal and 5280 Magazine (2003)
- Top five world-class training organization by Training and Development Magazine (2011 & 2012)
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values and respects your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do, we invite you to work with us now!
We have careers in:
- Research and Development
- Information Technology
- Clinical Sciences
- Software Development
- Quality and Regulatory
For more information on the organization and the exciting changes at Terumo BCT please visit TERUMOBCT.COM
Under general supervision, performs timely and accurate work on a range of technical and administrative procedures and processes, and other tasks related to the Sustainability & Environmental Health Safety (SEHS) Department. Position involves engagement with internal and external stakeholders. Position requires a high level of sensitivity, diplomacy and tact and the ability to maintain confidentiality of company data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and accurately follows procedures and SEHS processes. Primarily responsible for the ownership and implementation of the SEHS Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for SEHS administrative processes.
- Identifies trends or problems within the Environmental Health Safety Management System (EHSMS) and helps to resolve them.
- Processes check requests, purchase and expense material requisitions.
- Maintains the SEHS records management system.
- Manages the electronic Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) system.
- Interaction with internal and external stakeholders, including: business area associates, SEHS vendors, SEHS consultants and regulatory agencies.
- Participate as an audit team member in the company’s internal audit program.
- Coordinate the department’s training materials with the company’s electronic training system, including content development and delivery.
- Functions as a resource for SEHS Program Coordinators including but not limited to: drafting documents, preparing training materials, implementing routine and defined technical tasks.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the SEHS Manager, that are reasonably within the scope of the duties listed above
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental health, or a related discipline is required.
Requires at least 1 – 3 years relevant work experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of technical principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to think critically and work within a team environment
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, ISO).
- Commitment to product quality and continual improvement processes.
- 5S Methodology
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Sharepoint).
- Working knowledge of SAP.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Environmental, Health and Safety certifications preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the typical manufacturing environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Terumo BCT, Inc. - 18 months ago