About Manhattan Associates
Manhattan Associates continues to deliver on its 23-year heritage of providing global supply chain excellence to more than 1,200 customers worldwide that consider supply chain optimization core to their strategic market leadership. The company's supply chain innovations include: Manhattan SCOPE® a portfolio of software solutions and technology that leverages a Supply Chain Process Platform to help organizations optimize their supply chains from planning through execution; Manhattan SCALE™, a portfolio of distribution management and transportation management solutions built on Microsoft. NET technology; and Manhattan Carrier™, a suite of supply chain solutions specifically addressing the needs of the motor carrier industry. For more information, please visit www.manh.com.
Seeking hands-on Tax Director to manage all aspects of tax compliance, accounting, and planning. This person must have significant experience in the area of tax financial reporting for a publicly traded company.
• Prepare the global effective tax rate calculations, tax provisions and related general ledger account reconciliations, and financial statement disclosures in accordance with ASC 740.
• Responsible for all aspects of preparation and timely filing of federal, state, and local income tax estimates and tax returns; coordinate with accounting team members to obtain information necessary to produce filings.
• Manage relationship with external tax and audit firms for tax compliance, planning and accounting; identify complex issues and consult with firms as needed, including transfer pricing, R&D and other tax credits, etc.
• Actively manage, motivate and develop tax team members.
• Maintain documentation and ensure compliance with procedures and controls for the tax function as required by Sarbanes Oxley.
• Respond to notices and information requests issued by various taxing authorities.
• Manage tax examinations.
• Perform research regarding tax and accounting issues; prepare memoranda summarizing the issues, facts, authoritative guidance, discussions and conclusions.
• Analyze and review the impact of proposed tax laws, prepare reports on tax issues, and ensure proper compliance with applicable tax laws.
• Identify process improvement opportunities; work with other members of the organization to implement these opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• 15+ years of relevant tax experience. Combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state tax law and related procedures, rules, regulations, and policies.
• International tax experience.
• CPA certification.
• Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate complex tax issues to non-tax professionals.
• Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines.
• Accuracy and attention to details are critical.
• Willingness to take initiative and follow through on tasks, projects.
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed. *LI-MH1
Manhattan Associates serves up a cocktail of supply chain management software and systems, sans cherry. It provides customers in the...