General Summary of Duties :|
Responsible to assist the Chef de Partie with the working requirements of the day-to-day operations while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in designated work areas.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Ability to grasp, lift, move, or push goods on cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 pounds. Ability to work in confined spaces. Sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in the kitchen locations of the property. Exposure to chemical cleaning solvents. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Prepare mise-en-place in advance of cooking process: review recipe; check and measure necessary ingredients; wash, chop, and place ingredients in individual bowls; and retrieve and prepare for use all necessary equipment
2. Prepare and handle food according to the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) program guidelines.
3. Check and clean refrigerators, trolleys, utensils, and kitchen equipment on a daily basis.
4. Maintain the specific kitchen area clean and hygienic.
5. Make proper use of leftover food items to minimize wastage under the guidance of the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef.
6. Pick up products from stores in accordance with HACCP guidelines and Company policies.
7. Assist with daily inventory of assigned station for daily requisitions and provide daily par levels to Chef de Partie.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Knowledge of statutory requirements regarding health and safety, sanitation, proper chemical usage, fire procedures, and HACCP. Knowledge of all kitchen equipment operations. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, and guests. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
High school education or equivalent. Culinary training or accredited apprenticeship program preferred.
Relevant experience in a high quality, high volume, and multi-unit operations preferred.
Food Safety Employee Training required.
Fontainebleau Resorts - 2 years ago