Main Purpose of the Job:
General - Main Duties/Activities:
- Responsible for Total and Preventative Maintenance (TPM) coordination and follow-up on equipment and facilities. Trouble shooting, equipment maintenance, and shop area 5S.
- Install, repair, and maintain all equipment and facilities.
- The ability to read and understand drawings for fabrication, pneumatics, electrical and controls.
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Try out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Record operational data, such as pressure readings, length of stroke, feeds and speeds for use in set up and preventive maintenance records.
- Review production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for production, perform scheduled maintenance
- Participate in Production System Efficiency and Quality System Efficiency workshops to support continuous improvement: propose and implement continuous productivity, process and quality improvement actions for all facilities.
- Responsible for following and/or determining maintenance safety aspects - training operators on the safe operation of production equipment when necessary.
- Facilitate equipment moves on the shop floor.
- Give advice on technical specifications of new equipment and alterations on existing equipment and facilities, making sure manufacturing, maintainability and Health, Safety & Environmental requirements are met.
- Responsible for repair and follow-up of all Preventive and Maintenance projects.
- Responsible for Maintaining shop area, safety implementation and participation in facility projects.
- Interaction with outside contractors as required.
- Participation with GAP teams as Maintenance resource.
Skills and Know-how/Credentials and Background:
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S., and able to pass background investigation through reference checking and drug test. Please submit resume as a Word attachment and include salary history and geographic flexibility with your submission. Refer to Job Code in subject of email.
- 3 +years experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Certification in progress for Journeyman status.
- Trained in machine repair, practical knowledge of electrical, hand-tools, & basic shop tools.
- Blueprint reading certification or training equivalent.
- Good Communication, verbal and written, skills.
- Working knowledge of quality system and Health, safety and environment skills.
- Drug and Background Check Required.
PGK Engineering - 2 years ago