Fortress is looking for an experienced and talented SQL DBA to join our Production team. This position is critical to our Firm’s technology initiatives as we bring new applications to life. The successful candidate will work with our developers and clients in all departments, from trading to operations, risk to compliance.
The IT Database Administrator (SQL DBA) will:
- Be a hands-on Database Administrator responsible for the design, maintenance, integration and operational support for the MSSQL environment
- Continuously monitor performance of SQL server performance and work to improve performance as well as establish performance baselines
- Provide high-level database support and guidance to both the Development and Infrastructure teams
- Own, resolve, and track all database incidents and requests across production, UAT, and development environments.
- Be responsible for ensuring data consistency and integrity across all database systems.
- Work closely with other IT resources (e.g. Windows Engineering team, Network Administrators) to create and implement new applications and technologies
- Implement and support production changes adherent to the change management/ release process
- Manage, design and implement backup, recovery, and high-availability processes for all database systems
- Produce complicated automated SSIS packages and solutions that ensure high availability, re-start ability, and preserve data integrity
- Solid experience with SSIS support and development along with SQL Analysis services (OLAP/Cubes)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a financial services company or non-financial company working on financial software products (for example - accounting, finance, portfolio management, reporting, analytics) including relevant development experience working on the overall DB design of financial systems, performance tuning, ETL, and/or architecture.
- Experience working closely with a software development on the development / lifecycle of a financial system / database
- Design/troubleshooting/performance tuning experience of financial data in a warehousing model (star schema) – accounting platforms, financial planning, risk and / or reporting systems.
- 5 - 10 years of Database Administration experience, preferably in financial services
- A demonstrated proficiency in supporting the database platform of a large organization
- Flexibility to support the operations of our businesses 24/7
- Capacity to multi-task under pressure
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve complex problems in a live environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to articulate complex ideas and solutions to management
- Proficiency in multi-dimensional database structures, database design and database administration
- Experience with data migration, data warehousing and SSIS ETL fundamentals
- Expert knowledge and in-depth experience with the Microsoft platform and the following technologies:
- MS SQL Server
- MS SQL Server Analysis Services
- MS SQL Server Integration Services
- Linked Servers / linked databases
- Proficiency in MySQL database administration is a “plus”
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as a strong team player
Fortress Investment Group LLC - 18 months ago