Argy, Wiltse & Robinson, P.C. (Argy), recently named as one of the “Top 50 Best Places to Work" by the Washington Business Journal and Accounting Today, provides an array of specialized tax, audit, accounting and business advisory services. Argy serves a broad base of clients in the government contracting, non-profit, technology, real estate, medical, automotive, publishing, professional services and hospitality sectors. Our exceptional service and consistent rapid growth have been recognized by such publications as Inside Public Accounting, Accounting Today, Public Accounting Report and Forbes. Most notably, Argy has been named one of the 25 “Best of the Best" firms in the U.S. for several consecutive years, we were listed on the Top 100 firms in the nation in terms of revenue and size, and we continue to climb the local Business Journal’s list of top CPA firms, yet we remain one of the youngest firms recognized.
In an industry known for excessively long hours and great personal sacrifices, Argy offers its employees a truly solid work-life balance. This balance allows Argy to attract and retain top talent, offering clients tremendous industry and technical experience from a highly qualified team. Argy has approximately 250 employees and generated $50M of revenue in 2010.
- Reviewing researching and memoranda of Staff
- Providing a broad range of proactive tax consulting and problem solving services to mid-size and large, public and private companies.
- Gathering facts to assist clients with the resolution of complex tax issues.
- Performing technical research.
- Developing tax planning strategies on behalf of clients.
- Drafting and obtaining private tax rulings.
- Negotiating with jurisdictions on behalf of clients in tax controversy cases and issue resolutions.
- Assisting with tax auditing examinations, administrative appeals, and internal controversy resolution procedures.
- Providing in-depth nexus analyses of various income and franchise, sales and use, and property tax issues.
- Formulating technical arguments, drafting opinions and other related technical memoranda.
- Assisting companies in understanding and assessing the tax impact of business operations and transactions in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising clients on corporate reorganization and planning strategies.
- Analyzing legislative and regulatory tax developments.
- Researching, analyzing and writing opinions and other related technical memoranda.
Knowledge - Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive technical tax consulting skills and capabilities.
- Strong tax research and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with the administrative appeals process.
- Strong advocacy skills.
- Experience dealing with state and local tax authorities.
- The ability to thrive in a multi-tasking consulting environment.
- Experience with identifying and addressing client needs, actively participating in client discussions and meetings, and communicating a broad range of firm services is required.
- Knowledge of accounting, tax, audit, and related business trends.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- JD, CPA, or LLM in Taxation
- 3-5 years of experience; preferably relevant U.S. public accounting experience with a large firm
- Previous experience in a State and Local Tax capacity
Top 3 Reasons to Work for Argy
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits. Our package includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical plans, dental coverage, vision coverage, FSAs, 410k plan with matching and profit sharing, annual bonuses, CPA bonuses, firm-paid association memberships, free gym memberships, free parking, and retail discounts. We also offer 5 weeks for paid time off per calendar year and flexible work schedules. It is our goal for all Argy employees to have a genuine work-life balance!
- Progressive Development. Argy offers several firm-paid Continuing Professional Education programs on-site, as well as a budget for off-site CPE courses. We also offer tuition reimbursement to all full-time Argy employees.
- Company Growth Means Career Advancement for Employees. Argy has a strong record for promoting employees to support new client engagements. We have a mentor program in place that supports our goal of internal promotion and individual growth. Our average growth rate of 20% creates numerous promotional opportunities.
Argy, Wiltse & Robinson, P.C. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard