To provide direct care to patients.
• Conducts telephone call backs to patients requiring follow-up care
• Evaluates emergency situations & initiates appropriate interventions
• Health teaching & health counseling to patients &/or their families
• Collaborates effectively w/all members of the care team
• Maintains clinical competence through attending staff development programs, is responsible for maintaining professional certification
• Builds rapport & cooperative relationships with members/patients
• Participates in planning for the delivery of clinical service
• Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations & needs
• Participates in the peer review process
• Participates in training of students
• Carries out clinical & administrative procedures that may be promulgated by the Health Plan
• Participates in monitoring quality of care according to professional standards & established criteria
• Facilitates the coordination & integration of care between health care services; manages populations of patients to ensure appropriate utilization of health care resources.
• Review & monitor therapy & treatment patient plans
• Performs other related duties as directed
• Executing delegated medical functions which deliver aspects of care that implement & are consistent with the medical plan as prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or person acting under the physician's delegated authority
(Portions adopted from Colorado State Nurse Practice Act CRS 12-38-103)
• Collects subjective/objective data
• Analyzes, reports & records data
• Prioritizes patient's needs
• Triages patients either in person or via telephone
• Evaluating health status through the collection & assessment of health data
• Examines & treats patients, orders & interprets diagnostic tests & makes diagnosis
• Practices w/in scope of practice perimeters as inferred by licensure, standard nursing practice, knowledge, skill level, sound clinical judgment, & KP guidelines
• Accurately documents patient data, actions or interventions, responses, & plans for care/follow-up according to guidelines &/or standard nursing practice
• Providing therapy & treatment that is supportive &restorative to life & wellbeing either directly to the patient or indirectly through consultation with, delegation to (per CO SBON rules & regulations for delegation), supervision/teaching others
• APN specializing in surgery may provide preop & post-op care. As first or second assistants during major surgery
• Refers to medical or community agencies per KP guidelines those patients who need further treatment, evaluation, or assistance
• Leads health care team by influence & role modeling integrated effective nursing practice, exemplary service, innovation & providing outstanding support for physician practices
• Collaborates w/articulated plan physician, & follows Health Plan policy around annual chart review & discussion between APN & physician
• Participates & cooperates w/colleagues both other APNs & Physicians in evaluating professional qualifications
• In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors & principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives
• Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, & behaviors necessary to provide superior & culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, & to purchasers, contracted providers & vendors
• BLS required within 90 days of employment and must be maintained as current
• National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire
• DEA Registration (or actively working to obtain this registration if new graduate)
• For positions requiring the administration of procedural sedation, ACLS certification and procedural sedation competency required within 90 days of hire
• Must obtain and maintain credentialing and/or privileges both internally and externally by the affiliated hospital. Ongoing credentialing required
• Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado. BLS required within 90 days of employment and must be maintained as current.
• Must be a graduate of an RN program that meets Colorado State Board of Nursing curriculum requirements
• Listed on the Advanced Practice Registry and is in compliance with those requirements
• Masters Degree in Nursing
• Graduation from a NLN accredited Nurse Practitioner program
• Prescriptive authority required or in progress. Must be obtained within 2 years of hire date if a newer graduate.
• For positions in Pediatrics or a position as family nurse practitioner in a pediatric setting, education and certification required for Pediatric nurse practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner for a Pediatric setting,
• Bachelor's degree required
• Graduation from an program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
• Current and on-going certification by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
• Minimum of 1 year of primary care experience preferred
Minimum 1 year Primary Care experience preferred
This position will be treating a population that includes birth through geriatric with a 15% Pediatric population and 30% Geriatric population.
This position will also see trauma patients, as well as Women's Health to include genealogical, and contraceptive management.
Must have population management experience to include but not limited to Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, Lipid and Prevention.
Kaiser Permanente - 19 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...