Summary: The insurance verification representative places outbound calls to insurance companies or utilizes the Internet to verify insurance benefit information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Calls insurance carriers and verifies all billing information is correct.
• Verifies all billing information online, if applicable.
• Obtain pre-certification info, if applicable
• Makes the corresponding corrections to incorrect data.
• Gathers information from patient, referring provider, employer or insurance carrier to complete the necessary verification.
• Assist with demographics as needed.
• Maintains strict confidentiality.
• Maintain daily productivity spreadsheet, if applicable
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Two years of work experience, preferably in health care insurance.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Skill in telephone etiquette
• Knowledge of insurance and benefits structure
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Skill in computer applications including MS Word and MS Excel.
• Skill in verbal and written communication.
• Skill in gathering and reporting information.
• Ability to work effectively with staff, physicians and external customers.
• Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
EmCare is a leading physician services organization with nearly 1,000 locations at hospitals from coast to coast. We have become a leader in...