SNC is seeking an experienced Software Systems Engineer to help lead the development and integration of systems principally Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) air and ground systems.
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Fusion and Transformation business area offers leading edge technology solutions for innovative approaches to share and expose information within numerous agencies and organizations such as Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense and other law Enforcement and Intel Agencies.
• Responsible for architecting solutions for a wide variety of technical projects, play a leading role implementing and deploying the solutions
• Evaluate COTS & GOTS software products for integration into solution
• Design new custom software development modules
• Perform performance analysis and provide future design planning e.g. for production servers and data storage
• Plan and coordinate the introduction of technology e.g. for servers, data storage, networking equipment and new custom software
• Work with Systems Engineers, Program Managers and other engineers in a team environment
• Assist in the creation of technical briefings for customer reviews
• Communicate technical issues with customer using technical and non-technical terminology
• Occasional travel for install and support of systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or similar field. Master’s Degree preferred
• 10+ years professional experience
• Operating Systems: Administration of Microsoft and Unix systems
• Experience developing software in multiple computer languages
• Solid foundation in Computer Science principles including algorithms, data structures, systems programming and operating systems
• Experience leading technical teams is preferred
• Familiarity with U.S. government Information Assurance controls
Must possess active Secret Clearance, preferably Top Secret Clearance.
Sierra Nevada Corporation - 12 months ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its...