We are currently looking for a Senior Linux Administrator to join our IT group. This team is responsible for all technical operations including production customer-facing systems in multiple data centers as well as internal development environments at multiple sites.
* Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining linux machines (preferably Debian/Ubuntu).
* Dealt with large scale systems, i.e.: load balancing, optimizing services, identifying bottlenecks...
* Proficient in scripting (Bash, Python) and using source control (svn/git).
* Familiar with the entire stack, from amps on PSUs and U heights, through hop counts and latencies, to for loops and sockets.
* Comfortable in MySQL (basic queries, replication schemes etc.).
* Ability/willingness to be on call during some weekends and/or evenings.
* Security aware engineering skills.
* Capable of working in both independent and collaborative fashions.
* Has used centralized configuration management systems (e.g. Chef, Puppet).
* Implemented solutions that included key/value stores (e.g. redis, memcached).
* Compellent storage systems and/or Cisco networking gear expertise.
Just a few of our amenities: on-site espresso machine, weekly yoga, bi-weekly on-site massage, on-site gym, group rock-climbing at the nearby climbing gym, pick-up basketball, and a kitchen generously stocked with organic produce and treats. In addition, we have free lunch on Fridays from local eateries, and quarterly off-site events that include family and friends (fixed menu dinners, A's games,et al.). Our staff is a diverse mix of fun individuals including foodies, musicians, ultimate frisbee players, surfers, climbers, and urban cyclists. Our office is easily accessible via car, bike, BART, or the Amtrak station across the street. Thank you for your interest! Please check our website for more information: www.locationlabs.com
Location Labs operates the worlds most successful mobile location-based personal safety service, powering nearly a dozen products for Tier 1 carriers, including ATT Wireless, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile and Telefonica. Recent accolades include: 2010 Inc. 500 list of Americas Fastest Growing Private Companies and San Francisco Business Journals Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies. The company has raised $26MM in venture financing from Draper Fisher Jurvetson, BlueRun Ventures (formerly Nokia Venture Partners), QUALCOMM Ventures, Intel Capital, and Mitsui Ventures. The company was previously operating as Wavemarket, Inc.
Location Labs - 11 months ago